Who We Are:
Our website address is: https://www.sussexstills.com
Registered address is: 20 Eversley Road, Bexhill On Sea, East Sussex, TN40 1HE.
Personal Data We Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide certain information:
- your name;
- email address;
- postal address;
- product/s that you’re ordering.
You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information.
If you subscribe to email updates we need:
- your first name;
- email address.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It:
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Who Your Information May Be Shared With:
Information about our customers is important to Sussex Stills. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers – we engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to Sussex Stills, such as our website hosting service, delivery companies and accountants. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- Business transfers – if we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
What we collect and store:
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and delivery;
- Delivery address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order;
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints;
- Process payments and prevent fraud;
- Set up your account for our store;
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes;
- Improve our store offerings;
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and delivery addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access:
Only the Administrator can access:
- order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent;
- customer information like your name, email address, and billing and delivery information.
Our Administrator has access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Sussex Stills uses Google Analytics and ExactMetrics to help understand anonymous visitor traffic to the website. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
How Long Will Your Data Be Retained:
Any information you provide to us will be stored securely and password protected. It will be retained as long as is appropriate and necessary, such as:
- the period for which you hold an account; and/or
- the period for which you choose to be updated and receive special offers by email; and/or
- transactional information will be retained for a period of 6 years in accordance with the accounting requirements.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Keeping Your Information Secure:
We will use technological and organization measures to keep your information secure.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information please contact us using the details below.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
Right to request a copy of your information
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Request a copy by:
- email, using the contact details below;
- let us have proof of your identity and address; and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information, which we hold. If you would like us to do this, please:
- email using the contact details below;
- let us have enough information to identify you; and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to complain
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have) you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law I, Nicky Flint, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact me: email@example.com.